Thursday, January 20, 2005

Healthcare Money Woes ?

Every day I read on the news about "Cash strapped hospitals". The truth is, they are not doing a very good job of saving money. Now I don't mean cutting corners - which is a no-no when a person's life is at risk - I mean eliminating waste, organizing and optimizing!

My business offers a risk-free service to help clients reduce their telecom expenditures by 10-50%. RISK-FREE. Usually you don't even have to change your suppliers to get most of the savings. So the question is, why won't everybody want to do this? Help me here. What I have come up with so far (with answers) is:

Q1) They worry how much time is this going to take from me?

A1) Minimal. In fact we are there to offer OUR time. All we need is access to the bills.

Q2) To save money I have to change to an unknown or less reliable supplier.

A2) The FUD principle at work! If your current supplier is your cup of team, we can usually work with this too.

Q3) Trust. Why should I trust you?

A4) 20+ years of Telecom experience. Customer testimonials. Our invoices are based on ACTUALS.

So what does this have to do with Healthcare? Well, bottom line, the Hospitals seem to hire paid- by-the-hour consultants - which we can do too by the way - and they seem to hire the most expensive ones from the most expensive companies. (I could probably make a living finding the best value consultants for these organizations).

They've outsourced the outsourced IT/Telecom support to the point that some large US company now controls it and they fear we could actually make them look bad by doing what we do.

ARGHHH! NEXT PLEASE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There sure are healthcare money woes as we are in a major health care crisis.

December 19, 2005 at 9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home